What are you looking for?
Thursday 30 September 2021

SPACE NK BIRTHDAY GIFT 2021 | FIRST IMPRESSIONS & REVIEW

As a Space NK NDULGE Member, I received an email earlier this month inviting me to redeem my birthday gift in-store or online. NDULGE is Space NK’s beauty loyalty programme. To find out how to join the programme, click here. The birthday gift consists of an invitation to have a beauty consultation and a trio of treats. These treats have been specially selected by Space NK’s buying team. It’s their most loved products so you know you’re in for something spectacular. To read my first impressions and review of last year’s birthday gift, see here.











This year’s September birthday gift includes:-


Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - 20ml


Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Daily - 6.6ml


Venn Age Reversing All-in-One Concentrate - 5ml



Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Fresh aims to create a 360 approach to skincare by amalgamating natural ingredients, ancient rituals and modern science. 

This is a 3-in-1 face cleanser that maintains the skin’s pH balance, making it suitable for all skin types, cleanses and removes makeup without drying the skin and soothes and softens the skin thanks to its pH-balanced formula. Key ingredients include soy proteins, borage seed oil, rose water and cucumber extract. These active ingredients work together to calm, soothe, cool and maintain healthy-looking skin.

I was intrigued to try this cleanser as it is sold every minute. As I have combination skin, I wanted to see how well it would work on my skin type. When skincare products are marketed as being suitable for all skin types, it isn't always the case. Instructions specify that the cleanser should be applied on wet skin so I rinsed my face, dotted a small amount of the product on my forehead, chin, nose and cheeks and massaged it into my skin. After rinsing, my skin appeared brighter and felt softer and smoother. It removed excess oils without being too harsh - that must be the pH balanced formula working its magic. This cleanser can be used for both morning and evening skincare routines, so it's versatile as you don't need to buy a separate evening cleanser. The 20ml size is perfect as I'll get a lot of uses out of it. This arrived at the right time as I've almost run out of my current cleanser. Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser might very well become one of my autumn/winter skincare staples.



Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Daily

Dr Dennis Gross is all about creating clean and responsible skincare. It's a skincare brand I've been wanting to try and I was excited to try this raved about product to see if it lives up to the hype. Inside, there’s three treatments to use over three days. It’s a daily two-step peel that promises to help smooth fine lines, minimise the look of pores and improve the appearance of uneven tone and texture. It also combats oiliness without stripping the skin of its natural moisture. After cleansing, I applied the first pad in circular motions across my face until it was dry. I then waited for two minutes before applying the second pad. I like that you don’t need to rinse it off as that is additional effort. It complimented my morning skincare routine as my skin felt rejuvenated. I’m impressed with the results so far after one use. 



Venn Age Reversing All-in-One Concentrate 

The Age Reversing All-in-One Concentrate is Venn’s hero product. It’s All-in-One by name and all-in-one by nature, as it acts as a colour corrector and anti-ageing cream. It’s formulated with Venn’s very own patented concentric technology, which hydrates and improves the skin’s complexion. It claims to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, reduce discolouration, brighten, improve firmness and elasticity and create a smooth, soft and even texture. It’s advised to apply a generous amount - three to four pumps, however, as I was using it as a colour corrector to brighten my under-eyes, a little goes a long way. I used this cream as part of my evening skincare routine and noticed a slight improvement the next day. 


Final Thoughts 

I love these products and I'll be adding them to my skincare routine.


Until next time,


C x

Add your comment

Subscribe to my Blog via Email

SHOP MY MAKEUP BAG

SHOP MY WARDROBE FAVOURITES

CURRENT WISHLIST