What are you looking for?
Wednesday 17 October 2018

MY EXPERIENCE WITH PIPDIG & WOULD YOU RATHER SPEND £2,500 OR £30? THE GUCCI DUPE NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT - DEBENHAMS DID A SYLVIE

Top: Gucci Sylvie Medium Top Handle Bag
Below: White Embroidered Floral by Red Herring for Debenhams 

Hello my lovelies. It’s been a while since my last blog post and it’s what Judge Rinder would probably describe in his court room as a ‘long hiatus.’ (Judge Rinder fan here) After lots of umming and ahhing, I finally decided to buy a blog template from PipDig. I chose Aruba Nights because it fits my blog’s aesthetic. If you’re thinking about revamping your blog, I highly recommend PipDig. Their area of expertise is in blog migration (moving your blog from Blogger to WordPress or WordPress to Blogger) and blog templates. There’s a range of templates for Blogger and WordPress, so there’s something for everyone. Their services are second to none. They kindly installed the template, I added a few finishing touches and if I had any queries, they were only an email away. 
I had a positive experience with PipDig and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Shoutout to Phil and Holly!

I’ve included side-by-side photos, to show how similar these bags are.
P.S. When the floral print tablecloth complements the bag - goals 

Now on to the bit you’ve all been waiting for. I thought I’d write about THE GUCCI DUPE NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT. This isn’t click bait. Maybe I’m being a bit dramatic but I’ve seen sooo many Gucci bag dupe reviews and I’m yet to find one about this bag. 
My last few posts have been makeup-related and I thought I’d mix it up a bit. This is a FASHION and beauty blog after all. The bag in question, is the White Floral Embroidered Bag. It’s by Red Herring, it’s from Debenhams and it looks like the Gucci Sylvie Medium Top Handle Bag. Not only is it less of a mouthful to pronounce, it’s also cheaper at £30. Debenhams have done a Sylvie for a fraction of the price... and it doesn’t have a cheap feel to it. 
This bag is perfect if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to the Sylvie, you’re wanting the Sylvie but want to test the waters with something cheaper first, or perhaps you’ve got the Sylvie and you’re looking for something a bit more casual to use as an everyday bag. 
There’s some similarities between this bag and the Sylvie; without it crossing the line between a dupe and a fake, which is very important. There’s some Gucci dupes out there that go a bit too far in my opinion. There’s a very fine line between a dupe and a fake and there’s really no need to cross it. There’s three rules I abide by and you should too. 
1. Buy a designer handbag. 2. Buy a dupe. Or 3. Buy both. Whatever you do, don’t buy a fake or a dupe that looks fake.
I feel like when reviewing a bag, an area that’s often overlooked is the base. Although this bag doesn’t have feet, its webbed (?) base means it stands on a table without slouching or falling over.
The bag can be worn as a crossbody or over the shoulder. My personal preference is over the shoulder. This Debenhams dupe can be dressed up or dressed down. It makes an all-black-everything outfit pop on a night out. It’s also a great daytime bag. Whenever I use this bag I’m constantly reminded to take only the essentials - something that’s often forgotten if you’re used to carrying a large handbag (Longchamp Le Pliage, I’m looking at you) as you tend to just chuck everything in. Do I really need to take my makeup bag with me when lipgloss/lipstick, setting powder and a powder brush will suffice? As much as I love my Longchamp, I can’t be Longchamping everyday.
Both bags have adjustable straps which is good if you’re petite or tall. The Sylvie’s top handle is detachable which is great if you intend to use it as a shoulder/crossbody bag. Alternatively, if you prefer to carry the bag on the crook of your arm, you can remove the shoulder strap. The Debenhams dupe doesn’t have this option but the striped shoulder strap is a welcome addition and stops the bag from looking clinical.


Another advantage the Debenhams dupe has over the Sylvie, is that it’s got two compartments. You won’t be rummaging about looking for a MAC lipstick that’s wormed it’s way to the bottom. The inside is also easy to clean whereas the Sylvie’s suede interior is a potential stain magnet.
If you prefer your bags to have an inner zipped compartment, you might want to go for the Sylvie. But then again, my Longchamp’s inner compartment doesn’t have a zip and it doesn’t bother me.

I have one gripe about this bag. The floral pattern isn’t symmetrical; which I would’ve preferred. The Sylvie admittedly looks ‘neater’ and a bit more pleasing to the eye with its symmetrical design.

However, if you’re feeling a bit extra, the Debenhams dupe has a matching purse, which is currently on sale. The Sylvie doesn’t, and if that hasn’t persuaded you to buy the dupe then I don’t know what will. This bag is possibly one of the best Gucci dupes on the market.

So, would you rather spend £2,500 or £30? I know what I’d rather do. The choice is yours.


Rating: 4/5

Unfortunately, the bag is out of stock, but shop the post below.

Photos taken on my iPhone. Gucci Sylvie photos sourced from gucci.com

Add your comment

Subscribe to my Blog via Email

SHOP MY MAKEUP BAG

SHOP MY WARDROBE FAVOURITES

CURRENT WISHLIST