What are you looking for?
Friday 5 November 2021

ALDI LACURA LOVES BEAUTY BOX | UNBOXING & REVIEW

Located in the Specialbuys aisle, you will find Aldi’s first-ever beauty box, featuring a curated selection of the best of their own-brand beauty products by Lacura. I’ve never used beauty and skincare products from Aldi, so I was excited to try this beauty box. For £11.99, it’s an absolute bargain, especially as many beauty boxes cost considerably more. 





Packaging 

First of all, can we please talk about the packaging? I love the bold design. It stood out in the Specialbuys aisle and I probably wouldn’t have seen this beauty box if it weren’t for the eye-catching and attention-grabbing pattern. The meticulous attention to detail continues inside. The products are wrapped in tissue paper and there’s a leaflet listing all the products in the box. Based on first impressions, this looks like a high-end beauty box rather than a budget-friendly alternative.






What’s in the Box?


Too Legit Mascara - 14g


Soothing Concentrate Serum - 30ml


Dark Blossom Eau de Parfum - 25ml


Glycolic Toner - 75ml


Mini H2Overnight Mask - 25ml


Glycolic Toner

This once daily glycolic toner is cruelty-free and promises to deliver a healthy glow, cleanse and nourish the skin, improve skin texture, deep clean to open your pores, help remove grime and dirt and keep skin spot-free. One thing to bear in mind - you need to use a moisturiser with SPF because it contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid which might increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. After cleansing, I applied the toner to my face, neck and shoulders. My skin felt a lot smoother and had a subtle and natural glow.


Soothing Concentrate Serum

This serum is suitable for all skin types. It contains cannabis Sativa seed oil and oregano oil which work together to calm and hydrate the skin. It also combats stressed skin and keeps redness at bay. I love the pipette applicator. It reminds me of Nip + Fab’s 

Retinol Fix Booster Extreme and let's be honest, there’s something fun about using a pipette during your skincare routine. I applied 2-3 drops of the serum and it felt heavy on my skin. A serum should be lightweight. For something advertised as being suitable for all skin types, it didn't work well with my skin type. I think it’s best for dry skin. I didn't like the overpowering fragrance. The reviews I saw about this serum didn't say anything about an overpowering fragrance so I don't know if there's a mistake in the production line and I got unlucky with a faulty batch or if it's meant to be like that. However, I don’t think I’ll be using this serum again.


Dark Blossom Eau de Parfum

This perfume has floral and fruity notes and it’s a dupe of the YSL Libré Eau de Parfum. If you like floral and fruity perfumes, you’ll definitely like this one.


Too Legit Mascara 

I was excited to try this mascara. It’s cruelty-free and claims to be long lasting, waterproof and voluminous. Based on the packaging, it’s clear that it’s meant to be a dupe of the Benefit They’re Real Mascara. I haven’t tried Benefit’s version of this mascara so I can't say if it's a dupe. I applied this mascara during my usual makeup routine and the specially designed brush defined my lashes. It’s a great day to evening mascara.



Mini H2Overnight Mask

A quick Google search reveals that this face mask is a cheaper alternative to the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. I haven’t tried Laneige’s version so I can’t say if it’s an exact dupe. I used this mask during my evening skincare routine. Using the cute little spoon provided, I applied it to my face after cleansing. It’s an overnight treatment mask that aims to relieve stressed and tired-looking skin… and it did exactly that. In the morning there was a notable difference in the appearance and texture of my skin.


Final thoughts 

This is a good first beauty box by Aldi. It has affordable beauty and skincare products that you can add to your autumn and winter skincare and makeup routine. Let’s hope that this is the first of many beauty boxes. 


Until next time,


C x

Add your comment

Subscribe to my Blog via Email

SHOP MY MAKEUP BAG

SHOP MY WARDROBE FAVOURITES

CURRENT WISHLIST