What are you looking for?
Saturday 30 December 2017

HOUSE OF HO HO HO X ELEGANT TOUCH NAILS: THE REVIEW


Since it’s December, I thought it would be appropriate to review House of Ho Ho Ho x Elegant Touch press-on nails. Christmas might’ve been and gone but I’ve still got these nails on. House of Holland collaborated with Elegant Touch to create festive-themed nails and I was excited to try them.

Price
For £9.99 you get a set of 24 nails; 4 embellished and 20 plain. There’s 10 different sizes and the glue and nail file are included.

Marketing 
These nails are ‘ping-proof’ and they can be filed to change the size or shape. Versatility is well and truly on point. 

Variety
House of Ho Ho Ho have a range of 2 festive false nails - Santa Claws and Golden Baubles - so there’s definitely something for everyone. After standing in the cosmetics aisle for what must’ve seemed like an eternity, trying to choose between the two options, I decided to go for Santa Claws.


Application, Product and Durability
I can’t fault the application of these nails. You don’t need to be a false nails connoisseur to buy it - the step-by-step guide is easy to follow. 
I was really impressed with the quality and uniqueness of these nails. The detailing is second to none.
The durability, took this product from a 4 to a 3.5 to a 3. I expected these ‘ping-proof’ nails to last at least a week but they only lasted for three days. I applied them on Christmas Eve Eve and their ping-proofability was tested when I was wrapping presents (have you ever tried to find the edge of a sellotape role and peel it whilst wearing false nails? It’s a challenge, let me tell you) and opening bottles with a lightning stopper. By the end of Boxing Day, two nails had fallen off and I had to reapply them. The pearls on three of the embellished nails somehow managed to fall off the next day and despite a thorough search, I was only able to find one. 

Verdict
I’d definitely buy these nails again because they’re cute, quirky and they can jazz up any outfit during the festive season. However I’d buy two sets because 4 embellished nails aren’t enough. I need spares in case the pearls fall off.

Rating: 3/5

House of Ho Ho Ho nails are available at Boots and www.houseofholland.co.uk

Images taken on my iPhone.




















Add your comment

Subscribe to my Blog via Email

SHOP MY MAKEUP BAG

SHOP MY WARDROBE FAVOURITES

CURRENT WISHLIST