What are you looking for?
Thursday 31 December 2020

DECEMBER MAKEUP, SKINCARE & HOMEWARE FAVOURITES







Makeup 
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

I actually bought this primer in September but I didn’t get round to using it properly until this month. It’s an oil free primer with a matte finish. I usually apply it by dotting a small amount on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin before massaging into my skin. I’ve used it several times and my makeup lasts all day. It’s also a good eyeshadow primer. 


Becca Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation - Shade: Maple

Another September purchase which I didn’t get round to using until recently. I don’t have anything negative to say about this foundation. I love everything about it, from the packaging to the actual product. To apply, I dot a small amount onto my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. I then use a Beautyblender for a smooth application. It’s matte, full coverage, long wearing and I don’t need under eye concealer. I could rave about it all day ‘cause it’s my new holy grail foundation. 


Xxtravaganza Shadow Palette 

This eyeshadow palette is part of Makeup Revolution’s XX range. Inside, there’s a mix of matte and shimmery eyeshadows, plus a few highlighters.  The eyeshadows are very pigmented which is perfect for a bold, dramatic eye makeup look and my real techniques eyeshadow brush picked up the product quite well. With this palette, I don’t need to use a setting spray with my brushes because the colours are so pigmented.


Makeup Revolution London The Waterproof Revolution Mascara I was a bit unsure about this mascara when saw how tiny the bristles were on the wand. It’s a good mascara to use if you want your lashes to look natural, but it’s also buildable. The wand surprisingly picked up enough product which allowed me to choose whatever look I was after. This mascara claims to be waterproof… and it certainly is. It’s a bit of an effort to remove – even with eye makeup remover.


Joules Large Washbag 

I needed a new makeup bag and this one was perfect. It’s a great size for all my products, I love the pattern and it’s by one of my favourite brands.



Skincare

Superdrug Deep Cleansing Charcoal Facial Wipes

I mainly use these face wipes in the morning to cleanse my skin. It claims to remove excess oil and as someone with normal to oily skin, I can confirm that these wipes work. My skin always feels refreshed after using.


Nivea Micellair Skin Breathe Professional Makeup Remover Wipes

I’ve been using these recently to remove makeup before my evening/nighttime skincare routine. These wipes are suitable for the face and eyes; which I like because it means I don’t need to buy a separate set of wipes which are specifically for removing eye makeup.


There’s more skincare products which make my list of December faves. However, I’m saving them for a blog post about my updated skincare routine.




Homeware
Mulled Wine Scented Diffuser 

This wouldn’t be a roundup of my December faves if I didn’t include something Christmassy. This reed diffuser from Wilko is great value at £6. It was a task and a half to open but when I finally managed to remove the protective seal and put the reeds in, I was really impressed with the quality. The red and gold themed packaging is very seasonal and festive. I thought six reeds wouldn’t be enough to evenly disperse the fragrance around the room but it was. The mulled wine fragrance is spot on. Fun fact, the diffuser looks illuminated if a light reflects against the gold dots on the bottle… which is quite cool.


Sainsbury’s Home Check Throw

After searching everywhere for a festive throw, I eventually found one in Sainsbury’s. I styled it by draping horizontally across the bed. As you can see, it also makes a great background for festive blog photos. One side has a checked pattern and the other side is Borg lined. I paired this throw with dark green teddy bedding. My only issue is the length. I wish it was a bit longer.


Febreze Limited Edition Air Mist - Vanilla Cookie 

I saw the words vanilla cookie and I had to put this in my basket because who doesn’t like vanilla cookies? Again, the fragrance is spot on. It’s not too heavy or artificial and I find myself randomly using this spray because it smells nice. It’s great for any room.


Primark Home Artificial Plant 

This artificial plant with a removable tripod stand is from primark. Artificial plants are a great alternative to real plants because there’s less maintenance.


So that’s my all my December faves.


Until next time,

C x.



 



Add your comment

Subscribe to my Blog via Email

SHOP MY MAKEUP BAG

SHOP MY WARDROBE FAVOURITES

CURRENT WISHLIST